“Among the new actresses I see not a reflection but a part of me in Kareena. She has a very strong, distinct and vibrant persona. She is electric and has an amazing screen presence unlike most actresses today,” Raveena told reporters.

he is known to be outspoken. National Award winning actress Raveena Tandon makes no bones about naming her favourite actress in the new brigade, saying she likes Kareena Kapoor in whom she sees a part of herself.

“Among the new actresses I see not a reflection but a part of me in Kareena. She has a very strong, distinct and vibrant persona. She is electric and has an amazing screen presence unlike most actresses today,” Raveena told reporters.

“A lot of female actors are short nowadays. I like taller girls. Kareena`s height is good. This is what actresses should be like,” said Raveena, known for films like ‘Mohra’ and ‘Andaz Apna Apna’.

Raveena, who debuted with the 1991 movie ‘Patthar Ke Phool’, was considered among the most ravishing actresses of her time. But after tying the knot with distributor Anil Thadani in 2004, she bid adieu to movies to concentrate on her family.

She came back to limelight last year as a judge on kids` song and dance TV reality show “Chak De Bachche” and now she is judging another kids` comedy show “Miyan - Chapter 2″ on Colors.

Being a mother of two - four-year-old Rasha and nearly two-year-old Ranbir - Raveena says she has an instant connect with children and that is why she associates herself with children`s shows.

“I do approve of shows which deal with kids simply because they are very uncomplicated. With them, nothing is made up, there are no controversies and the best part is that only true talent carries the show on its shoulders,” she said.

As a judge, the actress doesn`t like being a strict teacher on the show.

“I want to be like a second parent to kids on the show. It doesn`t make sense to sit them down and discourage kids if they don`t perform well. I would rather explain things nicely. I cannot break anyone`s heart. Besides, I also believe that the role of a judge on a kids` reality show is to make them blossom in their craft,” said the 34-year-old actress.

Apart from the show, Raveena will also soon be seen in Revathy Verma`s film “Chassni” alongside Jaya Bachchan.

As of now, Raveena is enjoying her vacation full throttle - not only because she is with her husband and children but also since it has helped her lose “two pounds ” without making an extra effort.

“I love this holiday. My kids have been just moving around and Anil and I are just running after them. We went to Disneyland in Hong Kong recently where they sat in strollers and made me move them around. So I have happily lost almost two pounds,” she said in an excited tone.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts



0 comments: