Scrub your Blues away

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 |


Whenever I feel low or stressed out, I usually nurse a mug of hot chocolate and watch a comic flick. That’s comfort food for my mind. But, I often wonder what about my body? What do I feed it or do, to feel less stressed out? I soon enough got my answer.

Read on. After a long long week at work I felt my body could do with some pampering. And that’s when I walked into Rudra. Just entering the place calms your otherwise jangled nerves. The soft lights and soothing music envelope you like a warm blanket.

Once settled, I was introduced to my masseuse for the day, Vidya. Vidya, I was told is from Bali and has trained there. "Wow!", I said to myself. Then I was led a steam room, to get all hot and sweaty and open my pores, of course. She then asked me to choose between coconut and an almond scrub. I chose the latter. As the delicious smelling mixture of almond and honey was being rubbed on my back, I kept wishing to taste it. (Seriousy!)

Her deft fingers worked on my back like a magic wand. The scent of the scrub transported me into another world. After 45 minutes of scrubbing away the dead cells, she asked me to wait for 10 minutes. She said my skin needed to take in the nutrition. Who was I to say otherwise!

After the scrub was washed off, she massaged in almond oil into my skin to restore the moisture. Couldn’t ask for a smoother end to it. I left the place feeling truly fresh and divine. I just could not stop from smelling myself for a long time afterwards. Now I’m full of energy to face the week to come :)

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts



0 comments: