John Abraham is off the crutches but explains that the doctor has advised him not to walk too much for the next two weeks if he wishes to be back on his toes. The actor got a fracture while shooting for one of his movies, was on crutches while promoting another and now is busy providing shelter to the homeless.

In a candid chat with Renuka Vyavahare , John Abraham tells all about how humanity begins at home.

It’s not for nothing that John Abraham, the actor has been tagged as the ‘Habitat Hero’. “As a celebrity I am provided with a media platform and there is no harm in using your face for a social cause. Stardom comes with responsibility. All celebs lead a busy life, so do I, and so do the people who may not be famous but still strive hard to better others’ lives. If you mean good, you should do good,” said John.

For the actor, it all began at home. His mother Phiroza Irani has lent a hand and her heart to children suffering from cancer and the homeless, while Daddy Abraham, an architect, has done his bit by building earthquake proof and tsunami proof houses in Latur and Tsunami affected areas. “Upbringing is important and you need that inspiration at home. My parents are the reason why I support social causes... be it providing shelter, protecting animals or spreading health awareness. I recently provided homes to 30 homeless elephants...”

It was when John met former US President, Jimmy Carter that he was struck with the humanitarian syndrome. “I was stunned when I saw an 80 plus year old former President getting out in the hot sun in Lonavala and building houses. When I did it myself I realized how rewarding and satisfying it was. I built a house for an old lady; it made me happy. It’s different to sit in a board room meeting and talk causes and to actually go out there and do something.”

It’s no wonder then that good looking John Abraham, who doesn’t mind selling his favourite helmets and jackets to raise funds for causes, gets touted as a ‘youth icon’. “I am obsessively in love with my bikes but I don’t mind selling those, too, if that can bring happiness in people’s life. I want to get into the bloodstream of the youth as they are the driving force, they are my biggest connect and that is the audience I need to target to spread humanity.”

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts



0 comments: