Don’t hit, my son’s watching: Akshay

Wednesday, July 1, 2009 |

On his son Aarav’s insistence, Akshay Kumar will no longer allow anyone to punch him in the face.

Akshay Kumar will no longer consent to being punched in the face. This restriction on the action hero is courtesy his son. Aarav loves to see his father involved in all the action and beat the bad guys up in the fight scenes, but seeing him getting punched in the face is something he can’t come to terms with.

Akshay explains, “Aarav loves to watch me do stunts, and I too love doing them, even the most life-threatening ones. But every time I get punched by someone in the face, Aarav turns around and asks, ‘That’s make-believe, right dad?’ And that’s what set me thinking. I need to avoid hand-to-face contact in fight scenes.” So Akshay will now introduce a clause in his contract that will save him the punches that are aimed at his face.

This gets us thinking if Aarav will grow up to be an action hero too. In fact, Aarav’s maternal grandfather, Rajesh Khanna recently said that Aarav will be a bigger star than Akshay too. Akshay adds, “Right now, Aarav is too young to solve his arithmetic sums properly, let alone even the thought of acting. When I ask him what he would like to grow up to be, he says a painter. He loves cartoons, watching my films, and he’s into mythology also. I want to do one film based on mythology just for him.”

The doting father adds, “Aarav listens in rapt attention when I narrate episodes of the Ramayana and the Mahabharata to him.”

A film based on mythology is not the only one on Akshay’s wish-list. Akshay, who is a huge Michael Jackson fan is planning to do a film around a song-and-dance musical as his tribute to the late King of Pop. An emotional Akshay says, “I was in Puerto Rico when I heard the shocking news of his death. In the ‘80s when Beat It and Billy Jean were the rage I used to listen to the tracks at work while clearing the tables and cleaning up the hotel in Thailand. I remember his awesome show in Mumbai in 1996. At that time, I wasn’t such a well-known actor. I distinctly remember wearing my MJ cape and going crazy with the rest of the audience.”



Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts



0 comments: